If you're a fan of vintage trucks, chances are you have probably seen or heard of Mike Linare's 1977 Ford F-100 PreRunner known as Ole Red. Originally built by Jamie Campbell and then passed down to Mike, the truck eventually ended up in the hands of a respected high-end car builder and off-road fabricator who goes by the name of Rob Lindsay, owner and operator of RJ Fab. With Mike's trust and Rob's creative vision, the rebuild turned into what is now arguably the raddest F-100 on the planet. Since it's completion earlier this year, this beauty has caught the attention of just about every off-road and automotive enthusiast. Once it got our attention, we had to catch up with Mike and Rob to get an up-close look and breakdown of Ole Red since the reconstruction. Try to prevent your jaw from dropping on this one.
Starting from the top, the chassis has completely been gone through. The rear shock mounts have been raised to increase up travel. New rear cage section and bumper. New spare tire mounts on top if rear trunk. Front steering have been re-designed and strengthened. Lower shock mounts on beams have been reinforced. Frame is boxed in the front and new engine cage/ upper shock mounts. Engine cage has been tied into main cage with 6 additional tubes for strength and longevity. Method 103 Beadlock wheels in a custom gloss black finish and with anodized red rings wrapped in BFG 39” KR’s. All of which are stopped by Wilwood 14’ rotors with 6 piston calipers on all 4 corners.
As we make our way into the cab, the interior has been completely redone for luxury. Yes, luxury in a street legal trick truck. New carpet, dash and center console upholstery by Rudy’s Custom Upholstery. Fabricated new door panels and all paneling to close the rest of the interior out. The bodywork was sprayed Viper Red by Sylvester's Customs, who also painted the frame and cage, and laid down a pair of black racing stripes that runs from the hood to the back of the cab. Switch Pros system to control KC lighting built into a tilt column, Momo steering wheel and Rugged Radios handling all the coms and music. Vintage air handles for heat and A/C. PRP heated seats for additional luxury comfort.
The Engine and trans has been re-sealed, painted and cleaned up. New headers and exhaust system. New fuel cell and fuel system. New Holley Terminator EFI and new MSD ignition system. All new plumbing for all engine control and transmission systems. All new steering Hydralics by Charlie at Power Steering Solutions.
- BFG Tires
- Wilwood brakes
- Moruzzi Race Motors carbureted 427 Small-Block Ford
- 525 Horsepower at the crank and 350 Horsepower To The Tire
- C6 Three-Speed Automatic
- Gear works 10” 5:14 pro gear and 40 spline spool done by Roy Thompkins at ODR
- RJ Fabrication revamped twin i-beam suspension, upper links, rear cage, rear shock mounts, custom storage trunk & spare tire mounts, custom laser cut panels.
- Fox 3.0 coil overs front and rear
- Fox 4.0 5 tube bypass front and rear
- 21 inches of front travel
- 30 Inches of rear travel
- Camburg Racing 4” Chromoly TT housing
- Camburg Racing 40 Spline axles
- Camburg Racing 2.5 Hubs front and rear
- Camburg Racing Hand Brake
- 20 Plus Fab equal length beams and radius arms
- 20 Plus Fab swing steer
- Power Steering Solutions box, ram, reservoir, TT Pump and spike valve
- Moruzzi Race Motors 427” Small Block Ford with Dart Block, Edelbrock heads and intake
- Holley Terminator fuel Injection System
- C-6 Transmission built by Dale at Dale’s Trans World
- TCI Converter 3000 stall
- Driveshaft from Bruce at Hi Desert Driveline
- Fuel Safe fuel cell
- Dual Aeromotive 340 lph Fuel Pumps
- All plumbing components from G&J Aircraft Supply
- Paint and body by Travis at Sylvester’s Customs
- Interior by Rudy at Rudy’s Custom Upholstery
- iDidIt Tilt Steering Column Unit
- Seats are PRP heated Podiums
- Vintage Air
- Switch Pros
- KC Lights
- Rugged Radios & Intercom Communications
- Mob Armor phone and I pad mount
- All Fabrication and assembly done by RJ Fabrication
Just when you thought things couldn't get any better, how about a custom weather proof trunk with an hydraulic system strong enough to lift two spares for easy access to cargo. What more can you ask for?!