Daniel Mejia recalls one of his trips in his 2001 Toyota Tacoma 2WD where he got stuck in a sand pit and took him four hours to dig himself out. Chances are, this incident is what drew him to get his current vehicle, a white Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road 4WD. The plan of course was to keep it stock, but in just a week’s time he found himself with Icon suspension and his first set of Method Race Wheels, the 305 NV.
Daniel says, “My 4Runner is just my weekend adventure vehicle. I originally bought it because I would go target/shooting every weekend. I also wanted to have a vehicle that I don’t have to worry about breaking down and can get me anywhere.” As you can imagine, the 4Runner didn’t stay white for long. A year passed and it was wrapped khaki green and he swapped his Street Series wheels and stepped it further to our Race Series with a set of 106 beadlock wheels. Daniel adds, “They look so good. The bronze compliment my green wrap. I went with beadlocks because of my off-road style. I want to have the option to air down and not worry about popping a bead.”
On the outside the front bumper has been swapped for a C4 fabrication low pro bumper with side additions. You’ll also find his Gobi roof rack, differential skid, rear Bruteforce rear bumper and a Dobinsons snorkel. No off-road build is complete without upgraded lights. Daniel opted for Bajadesign lights to light up the darkness. Daniel even added a few performance modifications such as K&N filter, Borla exhaust and Pedal response throttle responder.
Some of Daniels memorable adventures were his trips up the 395 to the Sierras. His 4Runner isn’t done yet though, he plans to add long travel suspension next. Who knows what else Daniel will do this 4Runner. All we know is we’re excited to see what he comes up with next.
Daniel is rolling on Method Race Wheels 106 from our beadlock race series. See more info below.
- Developed for the serious off-road enthusiast
- Solid A356 aluminum with T6 heat treatment construction
- Tough 6 windowed point design with debossed METHOD logos
- Reinforced inner lip provides extreme strength and durability
- Extra wide bead seat is 17% bigger to accommodate largest tires
- Forged 6061 aluminum V.3 beadlock ring is 53% thicker and reduces deflection
- Recessed hardware has 360 degree protection to prevent bolt head shearing
- American made Grade 8 zinc-plated beadlock hardware kit included
- Redundant sets of threaded beadlock hardware holes machined into wheel
- Bolt-on center cap with embossed METHOD logo
- Super strong 3600 lbs. load rating
- Hub centric fitments for common applications
- Custom bolt drilled bolt patterns and hub openings available