Before diving into the Trick Truck you see before you, it’s important to know about the person that’s going to be behind the wheel—Toby Price.
Toby is an Australian motorcycle racing world champion representing KTM and Red Bull in cross country rally. He has won the extremely challenging Dakar race twice, five Australian Off-Road Championships, five Hattah Desert Rallies, and two Australian 4-Day Enduro wins.
Simply put, he’s definitely a big deal.
While Toby is known for his dominance in the motorcycle racing world, Trick Truck racing is another one of his passions. And with the 2021 Finke around the corner he’ll be piloting this new TSCO Australian Spec TT.
If you’ve seen any sort of off-road racing then chances are you’ve already seen a truck that was built by TSCO Racing. Think of it as a one-stop-shop for competitive race trucks, many of which have seen a podium or two.
As you can imagine, Toby’s truck is a force to be reckoned with. The outside of the truck resembles a Mitsubishi Triton, but getting deeper into it and past the body is where things get interesting.
John Vance from TSCO says, “The ‘Aussie’ spec is a bit of a hybrid between the US unlimited Trick Truck and the US Spec Trick Truck. It’s based on our US Spec TT, but they are allowed to run a 6-liter engine with a sequential gearbox.”
And that’s what you’ll find under the hood— a Dougan’s 8 stack 6-liter engine mated to an Albin’s 6-speed paddle shift gearbox. The built Chevrolet based engine is pushing 750hp and 600lb-ft of torque.
The truck has had a steady diet of Walker Industries carbon fiber making the vehicle clock in at 5,000 lbs. For suspension the truck has 23” of travel in the front and 30” travel in the rear. It has a 121” wheelbase and a 92” track width.
The brains of the truck are handled by Motec electronics paired with JLM (James Lin Motorsports) wiring. Stopping power comes courtesy of large Brembo brakes and on all four corners you’ll find the race proven Method Race Wheels 103 Race Series beadlock wheels.
What happens when you have an off-road legend like Toby Price and a TSCO truck on 103 Method Race Wheels? The guys at TSCO call it “the baddest truck in Australia.” Check out the truck at Australia’s ultimate desert race the Finke on June 11th-14th.
Behind The Scenes
- The next generation of the ultimate race wheel — Lighter. Stronger. Faster.
- Countless race wins and championship honors across multiple classes
- Solid A356 aluminum construction with proprietary heat treatment
- Reinforced inner lip provides extreme strength and durability
- Forged 6061 aluminum V.4 beadlock ring
- American made Grade 8 zinc-plated beadlock hardware kit included
- Redundant sets of threaded beadlock hardware holes machined into wheel
- Increased room for clearance of larger brake calipers
- 12 spoke design with debossed METHOD logo
- Mega strong 4000 lbs. load rating
- Custom bolt drilled bolt patterns and hub openings available