If you’re a fan of the Gymkhana series, you may have seen Ken Block pass the torch to Travis Pastrana in the last installment. Also if you opened up an internet browser or social media anytime this week you may have already seen what Subaru is calling the most outrageous WRX STI ever and set to star in the next Gymkhana video series. The Hoonigans are bringing the series back to its roots as the first two Gymkhana videos had Ken Block driving Subaru WRX STI models.
If you can’t tell from the photos, the Subaru has raw diet of carbon fiber with an aggressive and wind tunnel-proven aero unlike anything on Gymkhana. The exhaust protruding from the hood should suggest flame-spitting action and with Pastrana’s experience in rally, rallycross, supercross, freestyle motocross, NASCAR and stunts you can expect one of the most epic videos of all time.
Pastrana says, “This STI is unbelievable! We’ve never had the opportunity to do this before, to build a car with no restrictions. Engine, suspension, aero—everything is unlimited, clean sheet. It’s crazy fast, easy to control and get sideways and it was perfect out of the box in testing. Gymkhana is a new challenge for me, but I want to raise the bar and this is the car to do it.”
The Gymkhana STI is equipped with 502 Rally Series wheels and is also the same wheel that Subaru Motorsports USA uses on their rally cars. Read more about the wheel below. Also if you haven't seen our previous post on the reveal, check it out here: Travis Pastrana's New Subaru STI Gymkhana Car
- Solid A356 aluminum with T6 heat treatment construction
- Over engineered to exceed SAE 2530 specifications
- Unique 10 windowed design with debossed details and METHOD logos
- Bolt-on center cap with embossed METHOD logo
- Strong 1850 lbs. load ratings
- Hub centric fitments for common applications
- Industry’s best lifetime structural warranty
- Wheel will clear Subaru STI with Brembo brakes**