Raphael Carreon’s original purpose for his 2018 Limited Subaru Crosstrek was simply to haul his bikes back when he was actively cycling. That all changed when he met people in the off-road community. The focus then became off-road adventures with friends and the occasional camping trip. This allowed Raphael a chance to appreciate nature, something he wasn’t able to do in his previous car.
When you first look at Raphael’s Subaru you’re immediately drawn to the Cool Grey Khaki factory paint that contrasts well with the Method Race Wheels 502 VT-Spec wheels in the new gold finish. The Rally Series wheels are wrapped around in Toyo Open Country 3 tires where Raphael can attest to its functionality. He says, “I believe that wheels and tires are the most important part of my build because it got me to tough trails and occasional moments where I questioned myself ‘why did I go there in the first place?’ such as the times where I’d be sliding down sideways on a trail when it was raining while my tires are caked with mud.”
Other exterior accessories include a KC Hilites Pro 6 light bar mounted to a prototype mrack, Flex Era 3 ditch lights and a Grillcraft three lights grill. Suspension is kept simple with Eibach lifts springs and Cusco front strut brace. OEM brakes have been ditched for a set of R1 Concepts rotors and pads.
Raphael currently uses his Subaru Crosstrek as a daily driver to commute to work and for the off-road adventures with his new friends to explore. In the future he plans to add a fridge in his trunk to keep chilled beverages ready to go after outdoor activities on hot days. But for now, he’s just enjoying the way the car is right now.
You can learn more about the 502 VT-Spec wheels below.
- 15x7 et15 wheel developed for Factory Subaru Rally Team
- Solid A356 aluminum with T6 heat treatment construction
- Open 10 spoke design with debossed METHOD logo
- Stainless steel lug hold inserts for increased durability in race environments
- Strong 2100 lbs. load ratings
- VT-Spec wheels will not clear the OE Subaru STI brakes
- Wheels will clear Subaru WRX 4-POT (up to 2014), AP Racing CP6720 calipers and most brake packages with rotors up to 300mm in diameter