Over 250 competitors signed up for the 34th Baja Portalegre 500 that happened last weekend. The race crossed the Municipalities of Poralegre, Muncipality of Ponte de Sor, Abrantes, Alter do Chão, Crato, Gavião, Moforte, Nisa and Sousel and the South Racing/Monster Energy team was up for the challenge.
The race started with a 5km Prologue near Portalegre and moved west to the city of Ponte-de-Sor for an 86km long SS2. The following day was the biggest and longest race that was made up of a 170im SS3 and a 180km SS4. On day one the team had a strong start to the rally leading overall and T3 category with Guillaume De Mevius in a South Racing Can-Am equipped with 401 Method Race Wheels and Aron Domzala in the Monster Energy Can-Am leading in the T4 category. With heavy outpouring of rain, many of the areas of the course were impassable and the race organizers had no choice, but to cancel parts of the stage.
At the end of the race Aron Domzala took 4th overall and 1st T4 SSV. Guillaume never gave up and was awarded with 2nd overall and 1st in T3 class. It’s also worth mentioning Alexandre Ré who is also part of the South Racing team running Method Race Wheels and Tensor Tire was named Portuguese Champion of 2020.
The South Racing and Monster Energy teams are running Method Race Wheels 401 UTV series wheels and you can find more info below.
- Developed for the serious off-road enthusiast
- Solid A356 aluminum with T6 heat treatment construction
- Iconic 12 window design with debossed METHOD logos
- Reinforced inner lip provides extreme strength and durability
- Protected Schrader valve place between wheel spokes
- Forged 6061 aluminum V.1 beadlock ring
- American made Grade 8 zinc-plated beadlock hardware kit included
- Push through center cap with embossed METHOD logo
- Super strong 1600 lbs. load rating
Guillaume De Mevius
Tensor DS 32:
- MADE IN THE USA
- Thick tread blocks allow for custom grooving
- Ribbed sidewall shoulder for enhanced puncture resistance
- Specifically developed for the needs of the modern UTV race team
- 1600 lb load rating
- Hard Compound
- 34.5 lbs.