Starting a build may not always go as planned, sometimes it turns out even better. For Tim Shedarowich the project began as a 1941 GMC truck found on Craigslist with a plan to build it into an old Rat Truck. That quickly changed into building a street legal pre-runner that doesn’t need to be smogged.
You won’t find a candy paint job on the exterior and that’s perfectly fine because the patina on it works better. For suspension Tim went with Blitzkrieg Motorsports front suspension parts and King coilovers in the front, a 3 link rear and King IBP coilovers with King Bump stops in the rear. Under the hood is a 350 small block and 144 B&M supercharger combo that’s mated to a 2004R three speed transmission built by California Performance Transmissions. Stopping power is courtesy of Wilwood brakes. For wheels Tim went with the quintessential Method Race Wheels 305 Street Series wheel in bronze. Tim says, “The color matched the look I was going for and I loved the style. They also clean up nice and have a quality finish that doesn’t wear off like other bronze wheels I’ve had in the past.”
Tim tries to drive the truck as much as possible such as the grocery store, on weekends or even a nice car cruise. “I wanted to build something that you can take the family to cars and coffee and also rip through the desert,” Tim says. “I don’t plan on racing it, but you never know.”
Like many projects, Tim isn’t finished with the old girl. His future plans include throwing more power in it. While this 1941 GMC truck is one of a kind, you can at least get the same Method 305 Street Series wheel as Tim. Learn more below.
- Solid A356 aluminum with T6 heat treatment construction
- Iconic 12 window design with debossed METHOD logos
- Street-Loc V.1 lip with undercut simulates true beadlock wheel
- Replaceable MRW gold zinc lip bolts with optional colors available
- Push through center cap with flush cap appearance option available
- Strong 2500 lbs. to 3640 lbs. load ratings with HD 4500 lbs. applications available
- Industry's best lifetime structural warranty